View your driving licence information
How many penalty points do you have? Check using our new online service: https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence
Find out which vehicles you can drive, penalty points and when your licence expires.
You can’t use this service if your licence was issued in Northern Ireland.
- your driving licence number
- your National Insurance number
- the postcode on your driving licence
Other ways to apply
To see what information the DVLA holds on your driving licence you can either send a request form or a letter with the following information to the DVLA:
- your full name and address
- your driver licence number (or your date of birth if you don’t know your driver number)
You must include a cheque or postal order for £5 payable to ‘DVLA, Swansea’.
Send your request to:
Driver Licence Validation Service
It’s a criminal offence to obtain someone else’s personal information without their permission.